The Hippie's Daughter

The ramblings of a twenty-something "independent young woman".

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Time

It's been awhile--

first: the Drama in my room at school is done. We had a nurse resign and we will be getting a new nurse who starts this upcoming Wednesday. Hopefully this will work at making my room calm and fun again.

Second: Halloween was a blast- my students had a party at school and then I came home to sit and give out candy. Is it bad that my husband and I did jello-shots? Yum. Makes it all worthwhile.

Third: Last night I got to meet R's new beau. He is awesome and I am thrilled he is worthy of R!

And lastly for today (I promise I will try to write more frequently- but maybe if anyone left me a note I would feel encouraged???)- a few Haiku which made me laugh hard (these were sent out in the library newsletter at my school)

Willian Shakespeare's Hamlet:

"His mother wed his
dead murdered father's brother!"
Next Jerry Springer

and George Bernard Shaw's Saint Joan

Strange girl. Hears voices.
But, by Jove, even in death
she lights up a room.

(Originally published in - Haiku U: From Aristotle to Zola-100 Great Books in 17 Syllables by David M. Mader)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home