The Hippie's Daughter

The ramblings of a twenty-something "independent young woman".

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thyroiditis

God Damn. Can life ever get easy? Or at least less complicated?
So, yeah- went to the doctor's several weeks ago- baby (or lack there of stuff).
Got a call that my thyroid seemed off. Went to see my regular doctor. Got a referal to an endocronologist for OCTOBER???!!! So yeah, went on with my normal life. Started to get a sore throat this past weekend. Ignored it. Keep having it. Called the doctor on Tuesday. Went in. Found out that I have Thyroiditis. And the doctor told me that there were 3 possible causes:
1. Autoamune response (solution: ???)
2. Infected nodule (solution: remove nodule)
3. Thyroid Cancer (solution: WTF???)

So- here I am. Waiting. Suppose to have a scan of my thyroid soon (doctor said in the next few weeks)... got the scheduled date today- August 23???? Um. No. Just talked to the doctor's office. Hopefully it will all be fixed very, very soon. I am sick of feeling like I have strep throat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home